Love Ghost - "Mr. Blue"
Love Ghost is an indie-alternative rock band from Los Angeles consisting of Finnegan Bell (guitar and vocals), Mya Greene (Viola and Keyboard), Ryan Stevens (Bass and background vocals) and Samson Young (drums and background vocals). Love Ghost has won numerous awards including Best Alternative Rock Band from the Hollywood Music in Media Awards and The Jean Luc Goddard Award, a yearly award from Cult Critic Magazine. Their music videos have received awards from the New York Film Awards, LA Shorts Awards, Paris Music Video Underground, NYC Indie Film Awards, Los Angeles Film Awards, Oniros Film Awards (Italy), Top Shorts, Festigious, London Independent Film Awards, The European Independent Film Awards, Independent Shorts Awards, IndieFest Film Awards, The Actor’s Awards, Virgin Spring Cinefest, Mindfield Film Festival, Royal Wolf Film Awards, Pinnacle Film Awards, Latitude Film Awards, and Los Angeles Film Awards. In 2019, Love Ghost wrapped up an extensive and impressive international tour playing throughout Ireland (Whelan’s, Crane Lane and Roisin Dubh-amongst others), Japan (11 shows in Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe and Kyoto), and Ecuador (mainstage band at Festivalfff in Ambato). The band has opened for Buckcherry, Berlin, Ozomatli, The Tubes, Fuel, Smash Mouth, The Young Dubliners and Irish singer/songwriter Mundy. Currently, the band is in the studio working on a new album with legendary producer Danny Saber (The Rolling Stones, Alice Cooper, Seal, Marilyn Manson, etc.). Love Ghost will be featured on That Summer, Volume 2 , a sizzling summer compilation album hosting the best independent artists, from around the world, in multiple genres.
1. What is the name of the song you have featured on ‘That Summer, Volume 2’ - How does your song remind you of summer or how does it fit into a summer album? "Mr. Blue" is the song. Instrumentally, it has an upbeat, sunny feel.
2. What is the inspiration behind your song? Or what is your song about?
The inspiration was dealing with depression and coming out the other side.
3. How did you write your featured song? Or can you describe your songwriting process?
Finnegan: While writing I usually give myself time, and find a quiet place place. I wrote the lyrics first (which dealt with my own depression), and then brought them to the band and we all wrote the music together.
4. Of every song you have ever written, what is your favorite and why?
The next one
5. Who or what has inspired you most in your music career? Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Deftones, Linkin Park, Nirvana and Dr. Dre have been huge influences.
6. Tell us where you live and what the music scene is like there? Los Angeles. The music scene is very diverse- you can find every genre of music.
7. Do you have any advice for new independent artists who are just starting out? Keep making music and network as much as possible. Work as hard as you possibly can, commit and encourage other artists.
8. What are your plans for the summer? Doing anything fun and exciting? We are finishing a new album and an EP, so we are working but to us it is fun and exciting.
9. What’s coming up in the future
We will have a new EP and a new album. We are going to the UK to do a school tour in the fall where we will be playing our songs and giving talks on mental health.
10. Tell us where fans can access your music.